Tuesday, September 24, 2024

MY COMMENTS ARE LOCKED ON THE CHESSDOTCOM

In the News section of CHESSCom, I commented on an article about the US State Department's letter to the FIDE regarding chess sanctions on Russia.

My position is firmly that chess should not be politicized, but if it is politicized, it must be done coherently, not selectively or discriminatively.

I have received answers that I am a "goat" and an "idiot". Most of the replies to my comments completely ignored the content of my arguments or distorted them seriously.

Immediately after I wrote that the US State Department was meddling in the FIDE voting on chess sanctions, I discovered my comments were locked.

However, I have received NO message from the CHESSCom that my account was restricted. 

Instead, the message says that I must activate my account to comment.

But my account is pretty much activated.

The message says I have to confirm my email address. It is confirmed already.

When trying to confirm it again, the system says that it is my old email address. It is.

The Support does not help at all. A bot answers the questions, and it NEVER reaches the point.

Of course, I could change my email. However, in that case, the comments would be blocked for 24 hours.

Therefore, I started to feel that there was something deeply wrong with CHESSCom.

I have played there for a few months now.

Currently, my rating in rapid chess is above 2100, and in the puzzles, I am above 3400.

However, I may abandon that chess platform altogether due to political (and not so-intelligent) propaganda and weird technical behaviour.

Comments are Locked

Post Scriptum

I had difficulties reaching the Support Team. Some bots answered, and in my case, their answers were useless. It was not easy to get around the bot. Finally, I succeeded in contacting the Support Team. A few hours later, I was able to make comments again.

Later, however, I received a message that it was a bug and that the commentarium of the article about FIDE sanctions was locked for everyone. 

Strange. In that case, it looks like an attempt to hide the fact that the commentarium of the article about FIDE sanctions has been locked.

No comments:

Post a Comment