Wednesday, February 14, 2024

WHITE WON IN THE REVERSED BENONI OPENING

I had white pieces in an exciting correspondence chess game on Chess Mail.

Having a solid centre and space advantage, I did nothing special. 

I developed my pieces on maximally useful positions. I avoided making early, unclear tactical breakthroughs and tried to protect my centre against possible attacks. 

Black itself destroyed one's position in an unsuccessful attempt to break free from the cramped position.

While I am a strong tactician, the most challenging task was to refrain from tactical mirages. This may be the only reason I succeeded in winning such a strong chess player.

Unfortunately, my opponent continued playing until the checkmate. 

On Chess Mail, claiming a victory based on endgame tablebases is impossible. 

Fortunately, my opponent used only some of one's legal thinking time... 

Nanomaster - Graywolf60, Chess Mail, 2024


Some comments on this game



 



 In the present post, the Apronus and Chessbase chess softwares were used.

No comments:

Post a Comment